Monday, November 16, 2015

Going with the flow...

For a long time, I believed what they said
Let the insecurity, get inside my head
Eventually resigned to settle for less
My self esteem, a growing abscess

The civil war inside my heart
Caused it all to fall apart
Left my self-image in ruin
and I had no idea what I was doin'

Looking for approval from any source
Some outside strength to reinforce
The walls around my heart, falling down
While making room for my crown

Stripped naked, with my heart on my sleeve
Waiting for my defects to leave
But those that stay, prove to me
That this isn't as simple as I want it to be

I'm never going to feel like enough
If I don't learn how to deal with this stuff
So I'll start at the bedrock below
And just keep going with the flow...



No comments:

Post a Comment