Monday, August 24, 2015

Transfusion

The space was so dark
I could barely see my feet
I shuffled slowly towards the bed,
as my heart increased its beat.

His hand reached out for mine,
but instead he found my waist.
He pulled me toward him...
Discretion, momentarily misplaced.

I felt his lips, searching for mine
as the darkness began to subside.
I laid my hand against his cheek
and our faces began to collide.

That was when I saw him,
with eyes as red as blood.
The panic began to wash over me,
like a dangerous flash flood.

With a survival reflex,
I turned my head away...
But just like hunters do,
he had already caught his prey.

As my eyes began to close,
he whispered in my ear...
"I promise this won't hurt a bit,
if you stay calm, my dear..."

I was paralyzed by fear
and my undying love for this beast.
So I gave in to temptation,
to be consumed by the deceased.

Much like a tetanus shot,
the bite stung at first,
but after a few seconds...
I conceded to his thirst.

With each ounce of blood
that he drained out of me...
My desire for him grew
and his love was all I could see.

He wanted every part of me,
to be a part of him...
So he drank up all my blood
and tore me limb, from limb.

Sometime during all of this,
I came to the conclusion...
that our love could conquer anything,
except a blood transfusion.

Photo Credit: 3rdEye0pen * Effects Credit: Eric Glaefke
 

No comments:

Post a Comment