Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Jar of Marbles

Some days life feels impossible
need a reminder of how many times
the Universe has supported me
on my treacherous, uphill climbs

All around me is abundance 
if I choose to see things that way
but pessimism is a demon 
that I battle every day

So when I feel some excitement
or see a shooting star
I know those are both reasons
to put a marble in my jar

When I feel particularly moved
watching my friend play guitar
or I find a few quiet moments
alone in my car

I focus on the positives
by putting a marble in my jar
then I can see all the great things
that have happened to me, so far

All the situations that occur
and the people that I meet
are part of my existence
making isolation obsolete

Each day I find a reason
for gratitude and reflection
trudging through these experiences
looking for some kind of connection

My sacred jar of marbles
Sits there on the shelf
overflowing with positive experiences
that I created for myself

Every time I see it
I'm reminded just how far
my spirit's energy will reach
each time a marble hits that jar

"Jar of Marbles" by 3rdEye0pen * Graphite on paper, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment