Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Growth in love...

I've been through ups and downs 
and everything in between.
Scarred and damaged, 
by all the crazy shit I've seen. 

But I held on to hope 
and the possibility of salvation.
Managed to thrive and survive 
the emotional starvation.
 
All the strife made me strong 
and clearly able to see.
So I swept away and unloaded
all the things that were harmful to me. 

When nothing but rubble is left, 
there's so much room to rebuild.
To find the other heart that might 
leave my soul fulfilled.

That was when I really saw you, 
close to me as you were.
But I observed you thru different eyes, 
ones that were secure. 

I could see that you were humble 
and very eager to learn...
how to melt my damaged heart, 
like a blazing cigarette burn. 

I had to let it happen, 
because what else could I do?
Somehow I already knew, 
that I was falling in love with you.

But our love couldn't stop 
the mistakes from taking place.
So we had to be prepared... 
for hardship... just in case.

We loaded up our arsenal, 
with patience and restraint.
So when we felt like attacking, 
there was plenty of constraint.

The alternative to fighting, 
was a simple, loving pause.
So then we had each other 
and all our numerous flaws.

In that quiet space of reflection, 
I learned something about you...
I saw how much I meant to you, 
because of what you were willing to do. 

That is where growth happens, 
on the other side of strife.
Where we learn how to roll together, 
with the kicks and punches of life.











No comments:

Post a Comment