Wednesday, July 15, 2015

122

Observant and thoughtful, right from the start
With a bundle of barbed wire, wrapped around my heart
I could have refrained, from engaging with you
but it didn't really feel like the right thing to do

One hundred and twenty-two days...
you like your ham and turkey sub, with light mayonnaise
That's one of the first things I remembered about you
that, and the significance of your one tattoo

I admit I was intrigued, though I fought it at first
But your charismatic ways had me easily coerced 
The whole thing, unplanned and unrehearsed
But a chance for us both, to quench a creeping thirst

Sixteen weeks
and a couple of freaks
Who weren't sure this would make it off the ground
Everyday, amazed, by what we've found

It's surprising what your kiss will incite
counting down the hours, until we reunite
The fire burns hot within us both
a passion with immeasurable growth 

Just a trimester of time, in a calendar year,
has made our sight a little more clear
Now we see that true love can be born, 
where other things were so terribly forlorn


No comments:

Post a Comment