Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Heal or be free with me

I can feel it turning me inside out,
this force that can't be tamed.
Stealing every breath you take...
making my heart inflamed.

Fear wells up deep inside me
and I try to hide it from you.
But my increasing dread is loud,
like a deep hum, through a kazoo.

How much time will you have,
to bask in this sun?
How much bliss will we know,
before the easy part is done?

Because reality is hard
and we both know it well.
These vehicles are fragile,
like a delicate egg shell.

I stay just close enough
to feel like I'm of some aid.
But really I'm no healer,
so I end up just afraid.

Afraid of what could happen,
to someone that I love...
All those dreadful things,
that I prefer not to think of.

Feeling caught up in fear
is a horrible way to be,
so I release you to the Universe
and hope you stay right here with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment